Boots On The Ground
Since the release of the beta for Call of Duty: WW2, many have spent hours playing the most popular first person shooter. Call of Duty spent the last few years in a futuristic setting, which involved boosting, wall running, and unrealistic killstreaks. This time around, Call of Duty is back with boots on the ground. And Activision expects to win back the hearts of gamers with another remake of World War II.
The beta allows players to experience the classic fast paced, run and gun gameplay that makes the game iconic. Gampeplay is back to its roots, maps are simple with the three lane approach, and skill is a bigger factor when determining winners and losers. And most importantly, the game is fun!
Pros And Cons
- Boots on the Ground
- World War 2 theme
- Classic movement
- Original Call of Duty Feel
- Division adds unnecessary class change
- Network connection is still inconsistent
There have also been numerous changes which can be found on the developer’s website.
List of item to be changed in the beta:
- We love the positive reactions to the new overhead camera esports feature. In response to feedback about visibility of objectives, especially Hardpoints, we are currently working on solutions for launch.
- Some players are reporting getting trapped in an update loop after they are prompted to restart their game to complete an update of the client. We have been resolving these through basic troubleshooting and are investigating further steps.
- You have asked about a color blind setting in the menu. While not in the Beta, we have been working to have this for launch.
- In response to all the requests for bumper jumper configuration, we also plan to support this for launch.
- We’ve heard your feedback regarding playlist variety, and have made some adjustments to improve this. You know what else would improve it? More maps and modes.
- We’ve heard your feedback on the Paratroopers Scorestreak having some edge case issues. We made some adjustments today, but they didn’t address the core issue in the way we wanted. We’ve got new fixes coming soon.
- We are investigating a bug that causes some players to be kicked back to the Main Menu after accepting an invite from the load screen of any map.
- There is a bug causing the title to crash when an invitee accepts an invite while entering a match when the inviter is also entering the match.
- Some of you have noted that the incendiary shells feel too strong. We’re looking into data to determine if a nerf is needed.
- Improvements to Party UI / UX are underway. Implementation date is still TBD, but know that we are actively working on it.
- It has come to our attention that some users are seeing an incorrect error message saying servers are down when they are not.
- We have identified a rare bug where users are seeing a false message about players being kicked from their parties. We have identified and fixed the issue.
- We are aware of a bug that prompts you to “Unlock and Equip” an item, but it only unlocks the item and does not equip. We are working on fixing this. (It’s annoying to us too.)
- Some of the battle chatter and hit marker audio still requires some fine tuning. Specifically, the NPC call outs of enemy positions need some addressing.
- There is a bug that is causing some party members to lose connection with the lobby host.
Alsol, here are items to be added at launch, and possibly the beta:
- Adjusting Dom kills to 100pts, from 50.
- Increasing TDM end match score to 100.
- Hit feedback improvements, including better audio and more obvious headshot indicator
- Reducing Molotov to x1 per Scorestreak.
- Sprint out to ADS time refinement.
- Incendiary Shells as default off, and perhaps need to be nerfed.
- Paratrooper strength / cost balancing.
- Recon Aircraft too vulnerable to rifle damage.
- Color Blind support option.
- Bumper Jumper and other key controller configs.
Tiny URL for this post: